Time will take Time
TIME will take TIME
Most of our decisions in life are based off of how we perceive time, believing we have control over it. In reality, time is nothing more than our mind's way of manipulating us, pressuring us to choose what we want now rather than what’s truly important. Time itself isn’t biased, nor does it have feelings or emotions; it doesn’t give more or less, it simply keeps ticking and moving forward. The real question is: what do you do with the time you’ve got? That largely depends on how you view your time. To use it wisely, we first need to view time unselfishly. Everyone is affected by it—your time, my time, and others’—and collectively, our actions influence the course of time we all share. If we’re not mindful, we might leave regrets about how we spent our LIVES—not just for ourselves, but for the next generation as well. These regrets can carry over, causing future generations to spend more time dealing with the consequences of our choices instead of focusing on building a healthier, brighter future for each generation that comes after them. As a father and grandfather, I want my children and grandchildren to be free from the burden of my past regrets. . I desire to be a foundation they can build upon. That’s easier said than done, of course. But what matters is not just spending time trying to figure things out, but finding effective ways to work with time rather than against it—what I like to call “influential time.”
Below has always been my go-to verse when I feel overwhelmed by the rush of time and need to reprioritize.
“Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers.”
Psalms 1:1-3 NIV
Last month during some of my life chaos a word came to mind and then it became an acronym. I've been using it since and with the promised guidance of the Holy Spirit I have found it useful.
S.T.O.P
S- Stop: Simply means stop! Become self-aware that something isn't working or needs to change. I believe the Holy Spirit provokes this awareness in every moment or situation you are in. It's that hysterical slap in the face. Be still and know God. Be reminded of who He is and what He has done for not just you but also others.
T- Time: take a moment to breathe, remind yourself that you are a child of the Creator of heaven and earth. Know that God Himself could actually make time stand still and He has (Joshua 10:12-14). But the point is to take a moment and become self aware of your surrounding. Get your bearings straight, get back to high ground. Kneel before Him and talk to the God that can make all things possible.
O- Observe: this is a very important point, you may want to bring others you trust to help you identify what is happening in your moments, how and why it’s affecting you and maybe others in your life. Ask questions like what am I trying to achieve? Has it been healthy for me in how I go about it? Can I do this on my own or do I need help? Is God in this or am I doing it on my own, without Him? Those are just a few questions that you could ask yourself as you look from the outside in.
P- Prioritize: This is the part you really have to do on your own with full guidance from the Holy Spirit. Many times I have done all the above and did not submit to this last step. If you decide to skip it you will find yourself wasting time and having to start all over. We need to truly want change and unselfishly prioritize the time to receive the benefits from it. Put a stick in the ground today and be reminded of the instructions in the above Psalm and the rewards of "influential time".
Comments
Post a Comment